Saturday, February 24, 2024
Home Football News Neymar 'probably leaving' Paris Saint-Germain: Source

Neymar ‘probably leaving’ Paris Saint-Germain: Source

Neymar is “probably leaving” Paris Saint-Germain, with an offer from Saudi Arabia said to be on the table, a source close to the negotiations told AFP on Sunday.

The Brazil international joined the French champions for a record 220 million euros ($241m) from Barcelona in 2017.

But the 31-year-old forward was missing from PSG’s season-opener on Saturday, and “no longer figures in the club or manager’s plans”, the source stated.

The official line on the Brazilian striker’s absence from the goalless draw with Lorient was that he was suffering from a “viral syndrome”.

The source suggested Neymar was in talks with a club from the cash-rich Saudi Pro League “who will then have to reach agreement with PSG”.
French sports daily L’Equipe reported that Al-Hilal is the club that has made the offer for the 31-year-old.

Last month Al-Hilal made a 300-million-euro ($328 million) bid for PSG’s Kylian Mbappe, though the striker reportedly refused to meet with officials from the club.

Neymar underwent surgery on his right ankle in early March, returning to join PSG on their pre-season tour of Asia.

Qatari-backed PSG are a club in a state of flux, with the departure of Lionel Messi and French superstar Mbappe watching Saturday’s game from the stands after being sidelined for several weeks amid an ongoing contract dispute.

Neymar was conspicuous by his absence from the game at the Parc des Princes.

His time at PSG has been blighted by a catalogue of injuries.
Although he helped the club to the 2020 Champions League final he has often been sidelined for key games.

If Neymar does end up moving to Saudi Arabia he will join a growing list of top players lured to the oil-rich kingdom since Cristiano Ronaldo moved to Al-Nassr in January.

Sarvan Sarvanhttps://max28news.com/
Sarvan is a dynamic journalist with three years of experience, currently making a significant impact as a reporter for Max28news. Recognized for his astute reporting skills and commitment to delivering accurate news, Sarvan has quickly established himself as a trusted and influential voice in the field of journalism.
RELATED ARTICLES

Messi, Bonmati scoop awards for FIFA’s best in 2023

Lionel Messi was crowned as FIFA's best men's player for 2023 on Monday, while Aitana Bonmati added to her collection of individual...

Vinicius hat-trick as Real Madrid thrash Barcelona to win Spanish Super Cup

Vinicius Junior struck a first-half hat-trick to fire Real Madrid to Spanish Super Cup glory in a thumping 4-1 win over rivals...

Spanish football chief Rubiales refuses to quit over player kiss

Spanish football chief Luis Rubiales refused to resign on Friday after a week of widespread criticism for his unsolicited kiss on the...

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

- Advertisment -

Most Popular

New Zealand chase down Pakistan to win fourth T20 international

Daryl Mitchell and Glenn Phillips combined to steer New Zealand to a seven-wicket win over Pakistan in the fourth Twenty20 international in...

Hazlewood, Head put Australia in command against West Indies

An inspired spell of bowling from Josh Hazlewood and a brilliant attacking century from Travis Head put Australia in complete control of...

Obviously will talk to Shakib, Mashrafe when we meet: Tamim

Fortune Barishal skipper Tamim Iqbal said that he would talk to Bangladesh's all-format captain Shakib Al Hasan when he was asked whether...

ICC bans cricketer Nasir for two years

The International Cricket Council (ICC) banned Bangladesh cricketer and franchise player Nasir Hossain from all cricket for two years, with six months...

Recent Comments